Re: Patch to make texlive-new work

Hi all!

On Mit, 27 Dez 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
> > Can you explain me the intention behind this? It broke installation in
> > the binary packages as the files are not put into
> > 	../inst/bin/...
>
> It was a "half error".  I wasn't aware that in TeXlive "install" means
> just copying the files to a temporary directory (and in fact it might
> make sense to call "make install" at the beginning of the install target
> instead).  The stripping should in fact not be done, otherwise
> DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nostrip won't help, whereas dh_strip will honor it.

Well, then we have to hack the install scripts of the texlive source ...
not something I want to do for etch ...

> > We should discuss movng there if you and/or the rest think that this is
> > the better layout.
>
> Personally, I feel that I understand the Perl script better, and I also
> think that the directory layout is nicer.

Well, then we should go for it. But we first have to merge the last
changes (if some are missing) to the new layout ...

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
ULLOCK (n.)
The correct name for either of the deaf Scandinavian tourists who are
standing two abreast in front of you on the escalator.