Re: The hated xmltex/jadetex games in combination with new tex-common

>> (this is the bug in jadetex).  The other bug is in tex-common: It has
>> entries for the TEXINPUTS paths for the formats that are in separate
>> packages:
>>
>> $ grep jadetex /etc/texmf/texmf.d/{1,4}5*
>> /etc/texmf/texmf.d/15Plain.cnf:TEXINPUTS.jadetex = .;$TEXMF/tex/{jadetex,plain,generic,}//
>> /etc/texmf/texmf.d/45TeXinputs.cnf:TEXINPUTS.pdfjadetex = .;$TEXMF/tex/{jadetex,plain,generic,}//
>

> What about removing them??? Wouldn't this be the ideal/normal/default
> solution?

Yes, for Debian we should simply remove them.  We should also check
whether other split-off formats have their own texmf.cnf snippets
(texinfo?) and remove those, too.  But upstream the entries should stay,
of course, but be fixed (and moved).

Frank Küster