Re: Permission scheme: Real world test needed

On Die, 14 Feb 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
> >     # this question has not been seen, so if the permissions are
> >     # - either the new permissions 3775 as we want to ship them
> >     # - or the permissions as shipped by old tetex versions
> >     # then set the managecache to true, otherwise to false
> >     # we will later change it to 3775 in the true case
> >     if [ $PERMS = 3775 -o $PERMS = 1777 ] ; then
> >       db_set tex-common/managecache true || true
> >       db_set tex-common/groupname "$GROUP" || true
>
> Will this not set the group ownership to root if it is a fresh install?

Yup, I removed the db_set groupname, thus it should pick up the Default
as specified in the template.

> > In the test
> > 	SEEN = true and PERMS = 3775
> > should we also check wether all subdirectories have 3775?
>
> Formally - maybe yes.  But in fact: no.  I'd keep it like it is until we
> get a bug report with an explanation why it makes sense to have a
> different setting in the subdirs.  I don't think it's worth it.

Puuuhhh, good, thanks.

All submitted. Needs some testing.

EWELME (n.)
The smile bestowed on you by an air hostess.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff