Re: Permission scheme: Real world test needed

>> If it doesn't get too complicated, we can also do it like this:
>>
>> - check whether the question has already been seen.  If yes, only set to
>>   true if $PERMS = 3755
>
> It cannot be seen already, it is a new question. And we cannot use
> managedlsr as it is a completely different question.

Of course, that's what I meant:  This time we suggest 3775 also if we
find 1777 or 2777; but upon upgrade, at any time later, we only suggest
it if we actuall find it.

> If the current permissions are either 3775 or 1777, then set the question
> to true otherwise false.

But that has the effect that if the local admin sets it to 1777 after
the next tex-common version asked him, and he runs it noninteractively,
it will destroy his local configuration.

> In both cases change it to 3775.

That would always be the target *if* the answer is "true".

Debian Developer (teTeX)