Re: TeX task force

> Hi Julian!
>
> On Die, 14 Feb 2006, Julian Gilbey wrote:
>> > What space? We would merge the stuff and remove the old projects, do I
>> > miss something here?
>>
>> Would we want to lose the history of the current trees for the time
>> being?  I don't know how easy it is to merge subversion repositories -
>> I've never tried to do so.
>
> svn move URL URL
> should move the whole stuff including the history, at least I do
> understand it that way. So this shouldn't be a problem.

Unfortunately not, see the svn book on the move command:

,----

`----

>> The only question is do we want to go to the hassle of renaming the
>> list from debian-tetex-maint to debian-tex-maint?
>
> This is the real question, and I don't have any idea what the
> implications are ... but others are welcome to enlighten me!

I suggest to contact the listmasters whether they see the possibility of
"renaming" the list, i.e. taking over all settings and subscribers,
while still keeping alive the old name for a while as a forwarding
alias.

Debian Developer (teTeX)