Re: new lmodern package

Hi Ralf!

On Don, 09 Feb 2006, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> That's ok with me. Especially since I have meanwhile found out that my
> idea of using texlive-context together with tetex-{base,bin} doesn't
> work that easily: texlive-context provides /usr/bin/texexec, which is
> also part of tetex-bin. Oh well ...

Ah, there was a reason why I had this conflict ..

> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> The designers of the Latin Modern fonts have changed the names of
> several font metric files. The LaTeX support for these fonts has been
> updated accordingly. However, this name change breaks the ConTeXt
> support for these fonts. In addition, DVI files created with a previous
> version of the fonts no longer work.

breaks the ConTeXt support in teTeX for these fonts.

(texlive will remove the lm fonts and depend on lmodern, but it works
with this version of the fonts).

> As a temporary work around, this version of the lmodern package installs

work around for teTeX3 ...

> As for the infrastructure, the (not enabled) map file cork-lm.map, a bit
> of documentation for README.Debian and a shell script like

Should we include the script already now? I would say for now we leave
it like it is, and as soon as we kill the links, we include the remarks
in README.Debian and the script.

Why now?

SNITTER (n.)
One of the rather unfunny newspaper clippings pinned to an office
wall, the humour of which is supposed to derive from the fact that the
headline contains a name similar to that of one of the occupants to
the office.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff