Re: SVN lmodern commit: r1203 - in lmodern/trunk/debian: . sed_scripts

On Don, 20 Apr 2006, Florent Rougon wrote:
> >> This looks somewhat like #354537. BTW, not all of the figures are OsF.
> >> For example, OsF '0' and '1' are not as tall, only about xheight.
> >
> > Could be, and I have already cast my vote there.
>
> You voted for a fontconfig issue, however the weird thing with OsF
> happens with xfontsel here, and I don't think this program uses
> fontconfig...

Yes, you are right, I remembered this discussion and it continued for
quite some time on the Ooo  bug pages (I wanted to get expert font sets
working properly with Ooo), and it is not a problem with fontconfig, but
with parsing the properties/names of the fonts.

What is strange here that with xlsfonts I get two listings of the same
font:
$ xlsfonts -fn "-unregistered-latin modern roman-medium-r-normal-small caps-0-0-0-0-p-0-iso8859-15"
-unregistered-latin modern roman-medium-r-normal-small caps-0-0-0-0-p-0-iso8859-15
-unregistered-latin modern roman-medium-r-normal-small caps-0-0-0-0-p-0-iso8859-15

Furthermore, with xfontsel of the above I get the very same output with
partial OsF figures ans without the samll caps specification.

Strange this is.

SLUMBAY (n.)
The cigarette end someone discovers in the mouthful of lager they have
just swigged from a can at the end of party.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff