Re: Adding a latex class to a debian package

> On Die, 20 Dez 2005, Frank Küster wrote:
>> TeXlive.  Since TeXlive is much bigger, maybe it already contains
>> cd-cover.cls.  There won't be any file conflicts, but you should make
>
> texlive-latex-extra
>
>> sure that your file is always up-to-date, since it will take precedence
>> over TeXlive's.
>
> in TeX live:
> \def\fileversion{v1.4}
> \def\filedate{2002/01/28}  % Format is YYYY/MM/DD
>
> note that tetex-users can install texlive-latex-extra onto a tetex
> system (tetex3).

But only once texlive actually gets into Debian, and if it gets into
etch.  Therefore I think if the class is needed for an existing package
now, it's worth including it in the existing package.

>> Norbert, is there some documentation what the "appropriate texlive
>> package" is in standard cases?
>
> I hope to write up something, but for now: The package descriptions
> contian a list of CTAN packages included, so searching the respective
> apt/lists file will help. Eg
> $ less /var/lib/apt/lists/_src_TeX_debian_tug_Debian_pool_Packages
> (my local repository of the texlive pakcages)
> Package: texlive-latex-extra

I rather meant which package to use as a alternative dependency in place
of tetex-bin or in place of tetex-extra.