Adding a latex class to a debian package

Hello.

I maintain libmp3-tag-perl, which now includes a script
typeset_audio_dir, which generates latex source listing audio tracks,
including generating cd covers.

This needs cd-cover.cls, a latex class which I've found on CTAN.
Am I right in saying I should install this in
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/cd-cover/cd-cover.cls and run mktexlsr in
the postinst and postrm?

Upstream tells me that use of cd-cover.cls is a temporary solution,
until he writes something more flexible.  Does anyone have any
objection to me including this in libmp3-tag-perl rather than
packaging it separately?

thanks,

Ian.

--
Ian Beckwith - ianb@nessie.mcc.ac.uk - http://nessie.mcc.ac.uk/~ianb/
GPG fingerprint: AF6C C0F1 1E74 424B BCD5  4814 40EC C154 A8BA C1EA