Re: Adding a latex class to a debian package

Ian Beckwith <ianb@nessie.mcc.ac.uk> wrote:

> This needs cd-cover.cls, a latex class which I've found on CTAN.
> Am I right in saying I should install this in
> /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/cd-cover/cd-cover.cls and run mktexlsr in
> the postinst and postrm?

That's fine; I assume that you Depend on tetex-bin or tetex-extra,
anyway.  There's going to be an alternative TeX system in Debian soon,
TeXlive.  Since TeXlive is much bigger, maybe it already contains
cd-cover.cls.  There won't be any file conflicts, but you should make
sure that your file is always up-to-date, since it will take precedence
over TeXlive's.

Also, you should Depend on tetex-bin | <appropriate_texlive_package>

Norbert, is there some documentation what the "appropriate texlive
package" is in standard cases?