Re: Adding a latex class to a debian package

On Die, 20 Dez 2005, Frank Küster wrote:
> TeXlive.  Since TeXlive is much bigger, maybe it already contains
> cd-cover.cls.  There won't be any file conflicts, but you should make

texlive-latex-extra

> sure that your file is always up-to-date, since it will take precedence
> over TeXlive's.

in TeX live:
\def\fileversion{v1.4}
\def\filedate{2002/01/28}  % Format is YYYY/MM/DD

note that tetex-users can install texlive-latex-extra onto a tetex
system (tetex3).

> Norbert, is there some documentation what the "appropriate texlive
> package" is in standard cases?

I hope to write up something, but for now: The package descriptions
contian a list of CTAN packages included, so searching the respective
apt/lists file will help. Eg
$ less /var/lib/apt/lists/_src_TeX_debian_tug_Debian_pool_Packages
(my local repository of the texlive pakcages)
Package: texlive-latex-extra
 A large collection of add-on packages for LaTeX.
 .
 This package includes the following CTAN packages:
  cd-cover -- The cd-cover package.

IPSWICH (n.)
The sound at the other end of the telephone which tells you that the
automatic exchange is working very hard but is intending not actually
to connect you this time, merely to let you know how difficult it is.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff