Re: Suggestion for tex-common

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, Frank Küster wrote:
> Replaces is enough for tex-common to take over the files, I don't see
> why we need to conflict.  On the other hand, the new tetex(-base) and
> texlive packages need a versioned Depends on the new tex-common
> versions, so that no one ends up with a system without
> /var/cache/fonts.

Ok, I have for tetex-base/control:
-Depends: texinfo (>= 4.0b-1), debconf, ucf (>= 1.02), tex-common (>= 0.4)
+Depends: texinfo (>= 4.0b-1), debconf, ucf (>= 1.02), tex-common (>= 0.7)

(I guess the next version should be 0.7)

and for tex-common/control
+Replaces: tetex-base

> Go ahead and commit this, together with proper changes to the control
> files; although I don't object to you doing some tests, I'll take the

I have committed all the previous changes and the above. If you think
there is something still wrong, please tell me.

One thing: I have *not* added a ChangeLog entry for now out of the
following reason: I don't know how to deal with a not released version.
DO I have to make a
	dch -i -D UNRELEASED
?? (There was some discussion about this on the list)

> responsibility to go through all the
> upgrade/remove/install/purge/install cycles in pbuilder.

Oh, thanks, I not even have the full stuff here on my laptop (which
slowly grows a bit full).

sip:preining@at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
SIMPRIM (n.)
The little movement of false modesty by which a girl with a cavernous
visible cleavage pulls her skirt down over her knees.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff