Re: Policy, updmap --enable and updmap.cfg in /etc or /var

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> Yes, I was wrong.

'kay. At least, now I think you understand the lmodern maintainer
scripts relatively well and we are in a better position to tell whether
it's desirable to recommend the same practice for similar packages in
the future TeX Policy.

I think it's not *that* complicated. Basically:
  - either the package is installed and there should be nothing in
    $STATE_DIR (/var/lib/lmodern, probably something like
    /var/lib/tetex/lmodern in the future if we promote this scheme to
    the policy status);
  - or it is removed-but-not-purged and there is either the saved
    configuration file in $STATE_DIR in case the admin had not deleted
    it manually, or a file in $STATE_DIR telling that the admin had
    deleted the configuration file manually, and that consequently, that
    state should be preserved if the package is reinstalled;
  - or it is purged I do hope that there is no trace of the package on
    the system anymore.

(for a bit more details, in case someone reads this from the archive...
see my previous mail: <[🔎] 87vfcwxc2p.fsf@florent.maison>)

--
Florent