Re: Policy, updmap --enable and updmap.cfg in /etc or /var

Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:

> I'll try to followup on this next week-end. For the moment, I'll explain
> the general ideas.

Thank you very much.

[snipped with ACK]

>   This is the general idea behind the way I decided to manage this .cfg
>   file. There are a few more details for dpkg error unwind procedures,
>   but really not many.

What will happen when you need to change your 10lmodern.cfg, because
there's an additional map file or so? Just diff'ing, or use ucf?

>   Of course, if we are to adopt this strategy for all packages that
>   install fonts, we should use something like
>   /var/lib/tetex/map-state/$package instead of cluttering /var/lib with
>   dozens of directories similar to /var/lib/lmodern.

Yes, I also had this thought when I read your description.

Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie