Re: Plans for post-sarge: 1. Packaging internals

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> Since I don't know Perl too well, I guess I won't produce unreadable
> code. Currently, I only use variable assignments to constants or to file
> contents. Maybe later some regexps will be used to select parts of a
> filecontent (e.g. the version number from the changelog).

That's OK. Perl regexps could be useful from time to time, for sure. And
since I very much dislike code or data duplication[1], be sure that I do
appreciate the goal of the eperl use you mentioned.

[1] And that's precisely one of the things that struck me badly when I
    looked at ucf; all those statements doing some action preceded by
    echo statements printing (if $VERBOSE is not null) the command-line
    that is going to be launched, with the necessary quoting...

--
Florent