Re: lmodern fonts and sarge

From: Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr>
Subject: Re: lmodern fonts and sarge
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 04:17:43 +0100

> Michael Wiedmann <mw@miwie.in-berlin.de> wrote:
>
> > One more issue came to my mind:
> > Maybe it would be helpful to discuss a kind of namespace for tetex
> > related packages with the tetex maintainers. IMHO it'd be a good idea
> > to add a prefix like "tetex-" to any tetex related package to avoid
> > problems with possibly duplicated package names.
>
> Agreed... with a different prefix perhaps, since this would apply to
> packages that are generally *not* in the teTeX distribution.

This is exactly what came to my mind.

> Please also note that for the package at hand (lmodern), the prefix
> would not be really appropriate in the best case, since I would like to
> make the fonts also available to non-TeX applications (with defoma,
> probably).

Yes, further it could happen that a package might first
packaged as TeX fonts but afterwards it reveals that it
also available to non-TeX applications.  So it might be
not so simple to determine an official(?) prefix.

Anyway it would be worth while to discuss.

Regards,		       2004-1-28(Wed)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima