Re: #197870, #197891, #197954

On 18.09.03 Frank Küster (frank@kuesterei.ch) wrote:
> Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> schrieb:

> > So, what about the following:
> >
> > in prerm or postrm? Is that against the Debian Policy?
>
> You don't need this - just move db_get and the test of its return value
> to prerm or postrm.

I'll read the debconf-manual more in detail soon. For now:

if [ -f ${etcdir}/updmap ]; then
    db_input high tetex-base/oldupdm || true
    db_go || true
fi

in debian/config and

if [ -f ${etcdir}/updmap ]; then
    db_get tetex-base/oldupdm || true
    if [ X"$RET" = X"true" ]; then
        rm -f ${etcdir}/updmap.dpkg-*
	rm -f /var/lock/updmap.rm
    fi
fi

in postin. Is that OK? Another question: As we use debconf in the
config-stage: Do we have to pre-depend in debconf or is that:
    db_* high tetex-base/oldupdm || true
(asking for the exit status of db_*) sufficient?

> > That is just the solution I would use, if I had to program a
> > shell script. Are there mechanisms to make debconf decisions
> > visible to other install scripts?
>
> A script that sourced confmodule can retrieve the answers given to
> any debconf question, even to questions of other packages.

OK, thanks.

H.
--
sigmentation fault