> if [ -f ${etcdir}/updmap ]; then
>     db_get tetex-base/oldupdm || true
>     if [ X"$RET" = X"true" ]; then
>         rm -f ${etcdir}/updmap.dpkg-*
> 	rm -f /var/lock/updmap.rm
>     fi
>
> in postin. Is that OK?

Looks good except the removal of /var/lock/updmap.rm - this hasn't been
used publically, has it?

> Another question: As we use debconf in the
> config-stage: Do we have to pre-depend in debconf

No. A dependency on debconf is treated like a pre-depends. Don't know
how this is achieved, but look at debconf-devel(7):

,----
`----

> or is that:
>     db_* high tetex-base/oldupdm || true
> (asking for the exit status of db_*) sufficient?

the || true has a different purpose: If e.g. the frontend chosen does
not work, the script would immediately exit because it is "set -e". We
wouldn't even be able to check for the return status, or at least do
what can be done without debconf.

Bye, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie