#197870, #197891, #197954

Hi,

In the config-stage of tetex-base-2.0.2 we do something like:

if [ -f ${etcdir}/updmap ]; then
    db_input high tetex-base/oldupdm || true
    db_go || true
    db_get tetex-base/oldupdm || true
    if [ X"$RET" = X"true" ]; then
        rm -f ${etcdir}/updmap
        rm -f ${etcdir}/updmap.dpkg-*
    fi
fi

. That causes the mentioned bugs (or one could say it is caused by
the buggy pxfonts-package). Unfortunately I don't understand why we
do that. Could anybody be so kind to enlighten me? ${etcdir}/updmap
will be removed anyway during remove as it belongs to tetex-base.
Maybe there will be a updmap.dpkg* left as it is marked as
configuration file. We could leave a message in the updmap-file if we
hand over the removal-job to dpkg.

Hilmar
--
Old programmers never die, they just hit account block limit.
  http://rudi.urz.tu-dresden.de/~hille/