Re: openoffice should be provided.

On 04/15/12 22:27, Andreas Tscharner wrote:
On 15.04.2012 16:45, dE . wrote:

[snip]
Yes, obviously, if the PMs refuse to package it, then I'll be
downloading the static portable builds form somewhere.

I am not sure whether the PMs actively refuse to package OpenOffice. As far as I can see, the former Debian Maintainer of OpenOffice just switched to LibreOffice.

Who did not?

If someone steps up to package OpenOffice again, I don't see no reason that it cannot be in Debian, but I think most people see no point in having two very similar office suites in the Debian repository and see therefore also no point in making packages again...

Best regards
    Andreas

Maybe, this can be done as backports after Wheeze freeeze. That way it just has to be build once -- no maintenance required.