Re: openoffice should be provided.

On 15.04.2012 16:45, dE . wrote:

[snip]
Yes, obviously, if the PMs refuse to package it, then I'll be
downloading the static portable builds form somewhere.

I am not sure whether the PMs actively refuse to package OpenOffice. As far as I can see, the former Debian Maintainer of OpenOffice just switched to LibreOffice.

If someone steps up to package OpenOffice again, I don't see no reason that it cannot be in Debian, but I think most people see no point in having two very similar office suites in the Debian repository and see therefore also no point in making packages again...

Best regards
	Andreas
--
Andreas Tscharner                                  starfire@sunrise.ch
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying