Re: Security of Debian Testing

> As a desktop, I currently run Fedora Core 3 but I was wondering if
> Debian Testing would be a good idea for a desktop until Sarge becomes

For a desktop Debian Testing is a very good option and many
people do so, including me.

> the stable branch of Debian?  Would it be more secure to run Fedora Core
> 3 than Debian Testing?  Would it be smart to use Debian Testing or
> Fedora Core 3 for a server?  Which is more secure for both functions.

Personally I'd only use stable for a server, given the security
and stability.  I would carefully consider if cutting edge is
needed for the server.  If you really need it then in theory I
would only use the packages I need more recent, but it puts the
burden of all the security checking and following up on yourself.
You'd have to consider if you can do that.

I don't know anything abour Fedora core.

Greetings
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The power of freedom