Security of Debian Testing

I realize that Debian Testing "Sarge" is not supported by the Security Team and that it is the last branch of the Debian to receive updates. Though I am tempted to use it as a production server (Squid & Postfix) because of its cutting edge of software as compared to Woody, I realize that it is not stable and their may be potentially major problems with security and compatibility of packages. As a desktop, I currently run Fedora Core 3 but I was wondering if Debian Testing would be a good idea for a desktop until Sarge becomes the stable branch of Debian? Would it be more secure to run Fedora Core 3 than Debian Testing? Would it be smart to use Debian Testing or Fedora Core 3 for a server? Which is more secure for both functions. I know that no one can officially answer my questions but I would just like people's opinions. I'm still quite a newbie but there are plenty of documents on the web for hardening Linux in general.