Re: Security of Debian Testing

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 11:14:28AM +0000, Bob Hutchinson wrote:
> On Sunday 23 Jan 2005 09:37, Anthony Simonelli wrote:
> > I realize that Debian Testing "Sarge" is not supported by the Security
> > Team and that it is the last branch of the Debian to receive updates.
>
> I run servers on both testing and stable and the security updates are the same
> on both, as they both come from the same place,
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free

Erm, afaik this line won't do anything on your testing
machines...  Only packages witht the stable version number will
get uploaded into this archive.  The apt system will not consider
these security updates as it has more recent versions of the
packages from you testing archive.  That's whats meant with
"there's no security support for testing" I thought.

Greetings
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The power of freedom