Re: Sarge freezes

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 05:20:48PM +0200, Christoph Bier wrote:

> Can somebody give me a hint where to start searching? It's not a
> special application that freezes Sarge, it happens accidentally:
> using Mozilla, Emacs, xterm, gnome-panel ... and even the terminal
> without X running.

My first instinct is to suspect hardware.  Try booting a
Knoppix/Gnoppix/bootable CD distro of your choice and see if that freezes.
If it does, it's probably hardware, not software.  If not, you can use the
CD-based distro to back up your hard drive.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.