Re: Urgent

On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 08:43:47PM +0100, Dominique wrote:
> Hi,
> After a crash I lost all information on permissions in
> /dev/_files_chars_blocks_only_(contents of subdirs is OK). I tried
> setting it manually but I experience strange behaviour of network (noone
> can ping me, ssh doesnt work)
>
> Please, would someone bother to send me those permissions in
> debian/testing 2.4.19-686?

Standard device permissions are listed in MAKEDEV scripts in /dev or
/sbin. You should be able to run MAKEDEV script to recreate devices
with correct permissions.

If you are booting with 2.4.19-686 kernel image, you could also append
"devfs=mount" to the kernel boot parameters. This will mount devfs on
/dev and create devices with standard permissions in /dev your
computer and kernel currently support.

--
Jerome