Re: problems with debian/testing/2.4.19-386 and reiserfs

installed debian on my PC. There was no reiserfs by default so I added
one (latest I could find). And severe problems began:

Sounds strange. If you use the bf2.4 install image you can select between ext2, ext3 and reiserfs as your filesystem at the beginning of the install process. I don't know what you mean by added one, debian already has support for reiserfs in the standard kernel image.

Anders

Hi,

The scenario was: I started with default (so 2.2 I guess) then I upgreaded the system to 2.4.19 via the net. Installing 2.2 I wasnt given ext2/3/reiser choice, so I went for ext2, upgreaded system to kernel 2.4.19, added reiserfs stuff with dselect and formated my data disks as reiserfs. Then I had the mentioned problems.

Do you think it is 2.4.19 that caused the problems? Now I reinstalled and use 2.4.18-bf2.4, but I dont use reiserfs anymore (I dont think I will ever trust it)

thanks
Dominique