Re: problems with debian/testing/2.4.19-386 and reiserfs

On Sunday 22 December 2002 20:39, Dominique wrote:

> The scenario was: I started with default (so 2.2 I guess) then I
> upgreaded the system to 2.4.19 via the net. Installing 2.2 I wasnt given
> ext2/3/reiser choice, so I went for ext2, upgreaded system to kernel
> 2.4.19, added reiserfs stuff with dselect and formated my data disks as
> reiserfs. Then I had the mentioned problems.

Hmm.. Is this reiserfsprogs that you installed?

> Do you think it is 2.4.19 that caused the problems? Now I reinstalled
> and use 2.4.18-bf2.4, but I dont use reiserfs anymore (I dont think I
> will ever trust it)

I don't know what caused the problems. I know I have used ReiserFS on at least
one of my machines and I have not had any filesystem problems at all. That
was with a clean install with reiserfs as the only filesystem covering the
whole disk. I have not used the fs utillities.

Anders