Re: testing potato cycle 3: good stuff and bad stuff

I had the same problem. The problem is that the current verison of ssh
in potato somehow magically sets the setting that root cannot log in
from ssh, and (in my case) emailed that to root (through debconf),
leaving me in the dark.

> To make a long story short, root would not accept my password.
> Fortunately, I had sudo enabled for my account, so I was able to do
> sudo bash; passwd root

regards,
	junichi

--