Re: MD5SUMS

Hi,

I recently asked a question on this list concerning the MD5SUMS of the
potato_test-cycle-3 images.  It was answered by Jens Müller and by
private email to me from J.A. Bezemer, who was wondering if I was on
this list at all since I didn't honor Jens's efforts yet. Thanks to
both of you and sorry for my late response. I was busy.

Yes, I am on this list and yes, I checked the MD5SUMS with the "-b"
option (md5sum.exe -b potato-i386-2.raw) as I stated before.

I downloaded the images via http from
http://ftp.gigabell.net/pub/debian-testimages/ - I have read the
recommendations to use rsync from the pseudo-image-kit and I do want
to respect them in the future, i. e. I don't want to slown down other
people with my http/ftp downloads. - yet I used http because this was
easier for me basically for two reasons (1) I downloaded from within
my office (winNT) behind a firawall and we don't even have DNS but
wins. ftp and http work fine for me and I am not sure yet if I can get
rsync working for me. - I will try and see. (2) the transfer from the
above mentioned gigabell mirror seemed fast to me.

Therefore I haven't had a chance yet to just re-run rsync. I have
done another http download with the same wrong MD5SUMS results.
But since nobody else seems to have these MD5SUMS problems, I would
conclude the MD5SUMS are OK, and I am sure I will figure out a way
to get the correct images.

Thanks again.

Andreas