Re: [Debconf13-ch] Preparation of the debconf13 decision meeting

On 10.02.2012 09:46, Luca Capello wrote:
On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 23:39:09 +0100, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:

- We should probably at least ask Le Camp if they in general see the
   possibility to give us some discount (especially on the food). We
   could also discuss options where we don't rent some of the houses for
   debcamp. Luca are you going to do this or would you prefer if someone
   else talked to them?

I would prefer if someone else would take care of that, first because I
do not share this idea *at this point* of the bid and second because I
am going to travel over the week-end and the next week again I will not
have good connectivity.

I had the chance to talk to some guys organizing the RMLL in Genève this
July and they told me that they have planned to have meals at around 8.-
CHF each in Geneva: this is done hiring people that they know, which is
something we could consider.  This obviously means extra work for us,
which should be taken into account.

It is ok. I think we should show DebConf team that if we cannot get enough sponsors we could afford to organize the DebConf13.

So I would write this as possible prices for the meals (as insurance), but we should try to find enough sponsor, not to use such option.

The second possibility is to find few sponsor by the decision meeting, to show that we can afford some extra prices.

Beside these two points we should also work on answer to all the points
on the Priority List[1]. In addition to the priority list we have to
prepare:

* A description of the weak points in their own bids.
* A description of the strong points in other bids.

What is the rationale behind these?

This is the normal procedure for decision meeting.

The procedure of last time is in:

http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf12/Meetings#Bid_decision_meeting.2C_22_March_2011.2C_20:00_UTC

ciao
	cate