Re: OpenExpo Bern, April 1st and 2nd, 2009

Hoi Matthia,

Didn't remember you read this list :-)

On Tuesday 24 February 2009 08:42:19 Matthias Stuermer wrote:
> 1. At the OpenExpo's last year in Bern [1] and Winterthur [2] you had
> twice a booth at the event. I don't remember the event in Bern, but at
> least last time in Winterthur nobody showed up during two days. This is
> really annoying for us exhibition organizers having to turn down
> projects beforehand because project tables are scarce and then having
> others not attending their booth!

The issue, from our side, was that "nobody" knew we had a booth in
Winterthur (don't know about Bern.)  I can't remember any communication on
this list nor (but I might be wrong there) on debian-events-eu.  To my
knowledge there was no call for people to man a booth.  I heard about it a
few days before OpenExpo.

Yes, annoying for organizers.  Annyoing for us, too.

So please don't take this as a finger pointed to you -- I have no idea who
signed up for Winterthur, I just meant that *if* you happened to have some
sort of "Debian Switzerland" contact in your address book, it should be the
community list or one of the debian.ch board (Luca Capello, Martin Krafft or
myself.)  (... or is there a second Dehbian Switzerland community that's
iding from us? ;-)

cheers
-- vbi

(yes, mailing list archive is badly run. Will clear that up RSN.)
--
this email is protected by a digital signature: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg