Re: Update to reimbursement procedure (now: max 3 months after expense)

On 06/10/14 at 12:07 +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> ]] Lucas Nussbaum
>
> >   As a general rule, no reimbursement requests will be processed if
> >   requested more than 1 year after the corresponding event (sprint,
> >   purchase, etc).
> >
> > I received a reimbursement request today for expenses made in 2008 and
> > 2011.  I don't think that we (esp. auditor@) have the energy to track
> > reimbursement requests made so long ago, so I decided to stick to the
> > above policy, and to reject this request.
> >
> > I also used that opportunity to update the wiki page so that it reads:
> >
> >   As a general rule, '''no reimbursement requests will be processed if
> >   requested more than three months after the corresponding event'''
> >   (sprint, purchase, etc).
> >
> >   (diff: "1 year" -> "three months")
>
> Both 2008 and 2011 are more than a year ago, so I don't see any
> justification for making this change and would like to see it reverted.

There were other occurences of reimbursement requests coming very late
recently. It seems that some people wait until the deadline to do
such tasks.

Also, I don't think that 3 months is unreasonable. My employer applies a
two-week soft deadline, and a one month hard deadline for travel
reimbursements.

> Has the auditors requested this change?  There's nothing in the DPL log
> about it.

No. auditor@ is Cced to all requests, and I expect them to jump in if I
tried to buy a bike or a poney with Debian money, but other than
witnessing reimbursements, they do not participate/help in the process:
all the load is on the DPL and TOs, and I can assure you that it's not
very enjoyable. :-)

Lucas