Re: 5.10.0-4-sparc64-smp #1 Debian 5.10.19-1 crashes on T2000

Hi Adrian

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
Well, that doesn't really help you though. You want to find the commit in question,
just the range isn't enough to solve the issue.

Well, a little bit it helped, it is something early in the 5.10 series.
Also I have now an apparently working kernel (who knows how stable under load?) 5.9 series

If you have a fast second machine available, bisecting the problem shouldn't take
too long.

Well, this Machine has plenty of ram, disk space and good connection, how fast the CPU is in compiling a kernel I don't know, but we can try. Power consumption is not so much worse than a PC, but it is darn loud! Like a vacuum cleaner... I need to stay out of the room, but I found an acceptable setup. I use a workstation with a serial console connected to it, the connect through ssh to the workstation and through that into the management.

Although I am used to compile kernels on Gentoo LInux since 15 years, I never did on Debian. Here we have init images

How should I proceed? Which kernel sources?

https://kernel-team.pages.debian.net/kernel-handbook/ch-common-tasks.html#s-common-official

is 4.3 correct for me? 4.6 ?

Please guide me

Riccardo