Re: 5.10.0-4-sparc64-smp #1 Debian 5.10.19-1 crashes on T2000

On 09.03.21 22:09, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On 3/9/21 9:38 PM, Frank Scheiner wrote:
I have a T1000 with which I could try to reproduce Riccardo's issues.
Hardware wise they should be pretty similar. As the T1000 doesn't have a
CDROM, I'll try to netboot a few newer kernels and report my findings.
Will take me until next week though, as the machine is in (cold) storage
now.

@Adrian:
Aren't there some build servers using UltraSPARC T2 or T2+? Do they run
with the latest kernels?

The oldest buildd we are running is a T5120 and that's a T2.

And these don't show the problems Riccardo's T1 powered T2000 has?

We have an older UltraSPARC IIIi that has issues with newer kernels, but
usually only after longer operation and the issue might be related to the
bug that was just fixed recently by Rob Gardner.

Which kernel version will have this bug (which one?) fixed, 5.11.x? I
can also check with one of my UltraSPARC IIIi powered systems, too, next
week.

Cheers,
Frank