Re: 5.10.0-4-sparc64-smp #1 Debian 5.10.19-1 crashes on T2000

Hi guys,

On 09.03.21 18:31, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
Hi!

On 3/9/21 6:26 PM, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
while I was able to "install" correctly using a slightly older ISO, I get not a bootable
system. The kernel appears to crash very early during boot.
I think this is more likely a hardware issue. We haven't seen any machines crashing that
early. Please make sure the RAM modules in this machine are working properly.

I don't think so... I think it is a Kernel issue, since with kernel
5.9.0-2-sparc64-smp #1 SMP Debian 5.9.6-1 (2020-11-08) sparc64 GNU/Linux

the machine is performing fine with network, disk and compiler usage on all 32 CPUs.

Then you need to bisect the kernel as I don't have any means to reproduce the issue.

I have a T1000 with which I could try to reproduce Riccardo's issues.
Hardware wise they should be pretty similar. As the T1000 doesn't have a
CDROM, I'll try to netboot a few newer kernels and report my findings.
Will take me until next week though, as the machine is in (cold) storage
now.

@Adrian:
Aren't there some build servers using UltraSPARC T2 or T2+? Do they run
with the latest kernels?

Cheers,
Frank