Re: 5.10.0-4-sparc64-smp #1 Debian 5.10.19-1 crashes on T2000

Hi,

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
while I was able to "install" correctly using a slightly older ISO, I get not a bootable
system. The kernel appears to crash very early during boot.
I think this is more likely a hardware issue. We haven't seen any machines crashing that
early. Please make sure the RAM modules in this machine are working properly.

I don't think so... I think it is a Kernel issue, since with kernel
5.9.0-2-sparc64-smp #1 SMP Debian 5.9.6-1 (2020-11-08) sparc64 GNU/Linux

the machine is performing fine with network, disk and compiler usage on all 32 CPUs. I tried heavy load of parallel compilations, using git on large repositories as well as using remote X applications at the same time, a combination I know tends to show issues on systems, without problems! Not a simgle error in syslog.
Machine powerup-and self-tests are fine too.

If I remember, there is a repository of various pre-compiled kernel versions: maybe there are some releases between the two kernels I can try and do some easy rough bisecting.

so I'd say RAM, CPUs, Disk and Ethernet are working quite fine

Riccardo