Re: booting qemu sparc gives black window

On 18/05/16 11:01, David Griffith wrote:

>>> No menus at all.  The VNC client window is also black.
>>
>> The only other thing I can think of is that the Debian packages don't
>> include the QEMU,cgthree.bin ROM file required to initialise the display
>> in the device tree. Can you see both this file, QEMU,tcx.bin and
>> openbios-sparc32 in /usr/share/qemu for your installation?
>
> I see only openbios-sparc32, not QEMU,tcx.bin or QEMU,cgthree.bin.

Ahhh so it appears that Debian have broken QEMU packages for
qemu-system-sparc :(

You should be able to grab the binaries directly from QEMU git at
http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=tree;f=pc-bios;h=1cbe7b99f5fd330fab98804444b0d06f0c029b00;hb=a257c741491ff1c3c192d13a89c136dd6401c54d
- simply drop both files into /usr/share/qemu manually and see if that
helps.

ATB,

Mark.