Re: booting qemu sparc gives black window

On Wed, 18 May 2016, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

On 18/05/16 10:47, David Griffith wrote:

Debian 8 installs QEMU 2.5.  I upgraded to 2.6 with jessie-backports to
no avail.  None of your suggestions worked at all.

Hmmm I wonder if what you're seeing is a framebuffer issue with GTK? Do
you see any of the GTK menus at all around the black screen? What
happens if you try and connect to the framebuffer over VNC, e.g. adding
-vnc :1 to the command line and using a VNC client pointed at localhost?

No menus at all.  The VNC client window is also black.

The only other thing I can think of is that the Debian packages don't
include the QEMU,cgthree.bin ROM file required to initialise the display
in the device tree. Can you see both this file, QEMU,tcx.bin and
openbios-sparc32 in /usr/share/qemu for your installation?

I see only openbios-sparc32, not QEMU,tcx.bin or QEMU,cgthree.bin.

--
David Griffith
dave@661.org