Re: New working sparc64 netinst image

On 01/10/2016 02:32 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Ok, patches have been merged now [1, 2]. We just need to wait for the
> d-i team to release a new version of the base-installer package which
> will include my changes. Then we should retry the netinst image which
> shouldn't need to be updated at all since the new base-installer package
> comes from the FTP archives.

The updated base-installer package is now on the FTP servers. Could
someone perform another test installation and verify that the kernel
is now installed properly without any manual work.

The partman-ext3 problem still needs to be worked around manually
but we can resolve that later with a dedicated sparc64 installation
mirror which will contain a patched version of partman-ext3.

I assume that we're still missing the part in debian-installer which
runs silo-installer to install silo. I haven't checked yet where
that happens, it's the next item on my TODO list. Once I have figure
that out, I will add sparc64 support to that d-i component.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz