Re: New working sparc64 netinst image

Hi,

>Problem has been resolved now and systemd is up-to-date again on
>sparc64. You will soon be able to use the installer images again
>once the mirrors have made their next dinstall run (is run every
>6 hours, 0:00 UTC, 6:00 UTC, 12:00 UTC and 18:00 UTC).
>
>Let me know once you have tested the new netinst image but again,
>you might have to wait until after 12:00 UTC.

Yupp, with usual workarounds (preseeding, editing partman, manual module
selections, manual kernel and silo install) I was able to use the image
for an install (I used the older image, the CD was still in the drive):

ceteol:~> uname -a
Linux ceteol 4.3.0-1-sparc64-smp #1 SMP Debian 4.3.3-2 (2015-12-17) sparc64 GNU/Linux
ceteol:~> cat /proc/cpuinfo
cpu             : TI UltraSparc II  (BlackBird)
fpu             : UltraSparc II integrated FPU
pmu             : ultra12
prom            : OBP 3.25.0 1999/12/03 11:35
type            : sun4u
ncpus probed    : 2
ncpus active    : 2
D$ parity tl1   : 0
I$ parity tl1   : 0
cpucaps         : flush,stbar,swap,muldiv,v9,mul32,div32,v8plus,vis
Cpu0ClkTck      : 0000000011a45c3b
Cpu1ClkTck      : 0000000011a45c3b
MMU Type        : Spitfire
MMU PGSZs       : 8K,64K,512K,4MB
State:
CPU0:           online
CPU1:           online

Well done,
CU,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de | Listening to:
Stormweg 24               |Imperial State Electric, The Estranged,