Re: New working sparc64 netinst image

Hi,

[del]
>The updated base-installer package is now on the FTP servers. Could
>someone perform another test installation and verify that the kernel
>is now installed properly without any manual work.

Yes, installed with preseeding and...

>The partman-ext3 problem still needs to be worked around manually
>but we can resolve that later with a dedicated sparc64 installation
>mirror which will contain a patched version of partman-ext3.

..the -F workaround in partman...

>I assume that we're still missing the part in debian-installer which
>runs silo-installer to install silo. I haven't checked yet where
>that happens, it's the next item on my TODO list. Once I have figure
>that out, I will add sparc64 support to that d-i component.

.. and a manual silo install, this time on my noisy V240:

root@sele:~# uname -a
Linux sele 4.3.0-1-sparc64-smp #1 SMP Debian 4.3.3-5 (2016-01-04) sparc64 GNU/Linux
root@sele:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
cpu             : TI UltraSparc IIIi (Jalapeno)
fpu             : UltraSparc IIIi integrated FPU
pmu             : ultra3i
prom            : OBP 4.22.19 2006/09/06 23:44
type            : sun4u
ncpus probed    : 2
ncpus active    : 2
D$ parity tl1   : 0
I$ parity tl1   : 0
cpucaps         : flush,stbar,swap,muldiv,v9,ultra3,mul32,div32,v8plus,vis,vis2
Cpu0ClkTck      : 000000005995f5c0
Cpu1ClkTck      : 000000005995f5c0
MMU Type        : Cheetah+
MMU PGSZs       : 8K,64K,512K,4MB
State:
CPU0:           online
CPU1:           online

Sorry for the late reply,
CU,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de | Listening to:
Stormweg 24               |Imperial State Electric, The Estranged,