Re: New working sparc64 netinst image

On 01/04/2016 10:30 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 01/04/2016 10:39 PM, Ulrich Teichert wrote:
>> Yupp, with usual workarounds (preseeding, editing partman, manual module
>> selections, manual kernel and silo install) I was able to use the image
>> for an install (I used the older image, the CD was still in the drive):
>
> Fixing the kernel and silo installation issue is up next. Currently
> discussing with the d-i people in #debian-boot. I hope they're going
> to merge my sparc64 patches for base-installer soon.

Ok, patches have been merged now [1, 2]. We just need to wait for the
d-i team to release a new version of the base-installer package which
will include my changes. Then we should retry the netinst image which
shouldn't need to be updated at all since the new base-installer package
comes from the FTP archives.

I will also have to figure out how to make debian-installer use the
packages provided on the ISO image which would make it possible to
perform the installation with patched and unofficial packages
for sparc64.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz