Re: New working sparc64 netinst image

On 01/04/2016 10:39 PM, Ulrich Teichert wrote:
> Yupp, with usual workarounds (preseeding, editing partman, manual module
> selections, manual kernel and silo install) I was able to use the image
> for an install (I used the older image, the CD was still in the drive):

Fixing the kernel and silo installation issue is up next. Currently
discussing with the d-i people in #debian-boot. I hope they're going
to merge my sparc64 patches for base-installer soon.

Btw, how did you install silo manually? I did that today with:

chroot /target
apt-get install linux-image-sparc64
# adding debian unreleased to /etc/apt/sources.list
apt-get update && apt-get install silo
# this installs silo and makes it bootable, but silo points to
# the wrong kernel by default

Or did you run silo outside the chroot?

Adrian

--