Re: Sparc status ?

Le 28/04/2014 16:12, Patrick Baggett a écrit :

The main problem is that the 2 new buildd are Niagara machines which are not really stable. It left only 2 buildd which seems to be quit old and slow.

On my V240, the 3.13 kernel seems to be rock solid (I've been rebuilding the gcc package 3 times - 8hours build - without any issue).
Maybe what's missing is a couple of stable buildd to match the workload.

Interesting. I have a SB 2500 (2xUltraSPARC III) and I faced some instability when using 'git clone' on a kernel I compiled, but stock debian was OK. I wrote it off since I changed the default memory allocator and enabled a few experimental features, but maybe there is something more to this. Perhaps we should compare some kernel configurations and see where the source of instability might be.

Patrick

My kernel are plain debian kernel, without modification. I had no issue at all with new kernel.
I've been running 3.2 for 1-2 year with no issue.

S. Bernard