Re: Sparc status ?

The main problem is that the 2 new buildd are Niagara machines which are not really stable. It left only 2 buildd which seems to be quit old and slow.

On my V240, the 3.13 kernel seems to be rock solid (I've been rebuilding the gcc package 3 times - 8hours build - without any issue).
Maybe what's missing is a couple of stable buildd to match the workload.

Interesting. I have a SB 2500 (2xUltraSPARC III) and I faced some instability when using 'git clone' on a kernel I compiled, but stock debian was OK. I wrote it off since I changed the default memory allocator and enabled a few experimental features, but maybe there is something more to this. Perhaps we should compare some kernel configurations and see where the source of instability might be.

Patrick