Re: SPARC daily d-i builds

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 09:16:18AM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 07:23:29 +0000, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> > That got me thinking... We had this T2K box (zee) donated a while ago
> > (http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2009/08/msg00009.html, for
> > example), and it shows up as a buildd on a machine page, however I
> > don't really remember ever seeing a package built on it. Can you
> > please check what's its state and whether it can be used for these
> > builds?
> >
> Last I knew, zee was being used as a buildd for the prospective sparc64
> port.
> http://buildd.debian-ports.org/fetch.php?&pkg=scid&ver=1%3A4.2.2.cvs20110111-1&arch=sparc64&stamp=1294809847&file=log&as=raw
> suggests that's still true.

Fair enough. However, the machine has 32 CPUs and 32G of RAM, so even
while used as a buildd, significant amounts of resources are probably
just sitting idle. I see that it only has 72G of disk though (2x72G
disks in RAID-1 config), however we could probably solicit donation of
the disks needed or even convince DPL to throw some money at it. Hence
the questions:

1. Is there any virtualization solution on zee which would allow us to
run more than a single buildd on it?
2. If disks are the bottleneck, what are the part numbers for them? I
guess that if we would get another two, we could simply make another
RAID-1 volume out of that, to not interfere too much with existing
3. Who is the right person to talk to about arranging various
reconfigurations like that?

Best regards,
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/                      KeyID: C99E03CC