Re: Problems with IceWeasel

gavin duley wrote:
On 20 Jul 2007, at 17:41, gavin duley wrote:

Hello,

I'm not certain if this is a bug with some package, or whether it's just
something odd on my machine, but IceWeasel hasn't been working for me
for a few days. I'm running Debian testing on a Sun Ultra 5.

Looks like debian-sparc was not the right place to ask this particular question. At first I thought it might be sparc specific, but I don't think so any more. I'll try asking on debian-user later if I get a chance.

It is a bug with futex (only occurs with POSIX threads support and glibc 2.5 or 2.6). I have inform David Miller, but I don't know if he has found a solution. I have seen that a minor bug in futex has been fixed on git, but I haven't tested.

I have only seen this bug on U60 and U80, never on U2, and few programs hang (iceape [and all softwares from seamonkey suite], clamd, bind, milter-greylist, mimedefang...).

	Regards,

	JKB