Re: Problem with network booting of an IPX

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 wolfdieter.schmidt@arcor.de wrote:

However. Woody is running. And I installed modutils and initrd-tools
There is one error which I do not like so much:

Setting up modutils (2.4.26-1.2woody1) ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/init.d/modutils ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/modutils/aliases ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/modutils/paths ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/modutils/arch/s390 ...
Architecture-specific modutils configuration not found, using defaults
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.20/fs/hfs.o

Setting up cramfsprogs (1.1-6.woody1) ...

Is this unresolved symbol my fault, can I fix it, or is it normal
behavior which can be ignored safely?

Cheers
Wolfdieter

Hi,

The location of the module file producing the error
(/lib/modules/2.2.20/fs/hfs.o) indicates that it comes from woory 2.2.20 kernel package. Since you are going to replace the kernel by the new one anyway, there is nothing to worry about.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org