Re: Problem with network booting of an IPX

Frans Pop wrote:
On Tuesday 14 June 2005 21:34, wolfdieter.schmidt@arcor.de wrote:

It seems that the request for the new libc6 comes from security
updates, which are automatically added during the first boot. I did not
manually change /etc/apt/sources.list, all was done during the first
boot.

Where exactly do these security updates point to? If they point to "stable", you are in fact using a "sarge" source and that would explain the problem you are having.

Now that you say it ... just checked ..

If you want to use "woody" security updates, you should modify that line to point to either "woody" or "oldstable". You can also comment it out until you have finished the upgrade to sarge.

I do not know how many users step into this pitfall :-(
Hope not too many!

Can someone change the page http://wiki.debian.net/?SparcSun4c in the
wiki from
# Install Woody.
# Upgrade to the Sarge's kernel according to the upgrading instructions.
# Install Woody.
# Do not add security sources
# Do not install security updates, since you end up in a mix of woody and sarge
# Upgrade to the Sarge's kernel according to the upgrading instructions.

Thanks

I will try again.

Cheers
Wolfdieter